WATER SAFETY TIPS
● Pay attention. Always watch swimmers with complete attention and no distractions.
● Protective barrier. Completely enclose pool with barrier that includes gate alarms and self locking gates.
● Flotation devices. Us U.S. Coast Guard approved flotation devices, adjusted to proper fit.
● Swimming lessons. Make sure all children are taught to swim and have water safety training.
● CPR. Family and friends should know CPR and be prepared to provide care in case of emergency.
● Drain Safety. Make sure pool drains, cleaning systems, and covers are safety compliant.
● Alarm. Use pool, gate, or door alarms to sound alerts in case a child enters the water unnoticed.
● Open water. On lakes, rivers, and oceans always wear approved flotation devices. Never swim at dusk or at night.
● Plan. Have an emergency plan in place so that everyone knows what to do in case an emergency arises.